Senior Personal Trainer Certificate of Advanced Qualification
The program emphasizes functional fitness training and assessments, expert strength training, individualized aerobic and flexibility prescriptions, senior sports conditioning, post-rehab training, and total wellness counseling. SFA training can empower you to operate your own business with flexible hours and unlimited earning potential serving fitness clients ranging from typical healthy individuals, to post-rehab stroke and cardiac clients, to active senior athletes.
Like all SFA educational programs, our Senior Personal Trainer program has been designed to be "reader friendly" and practically oriented. This comprehensive educational experience will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to succeed in the fast-growing, older adult, personal fitness market.
Your Senior Personal Trainer, Certificate of Advanced Qualification training program includes all of the resources contained in Part One, Part Two, and Certificate of Completion:
Part One resources:
- Contemporary Readings for Senior Personal Trainers ... 75 page, 8.5x11, comb bound
- SFA-approved specialty exercise video ... 50 minute DVD
- Complete instructions and all required testing materials
Part Two resources:
- Senior Personal Trainer training manual ... 132 page, 8.5x11, comb bound
- Physiology manual ... 90 page, 8.5x11, comb bound
- SFA Study Questions booklet ... 206 multiple-choice questions
- Functional assessments training video ... 35 minute DVD
- It also contains a complete information and instructions manual, the SFA examination fee and related processing fees, and professional membership in the American Senior Fitness Association.
Successful completion of the Senior Personal Trainer, Certificate of Advanced Qualification program requires sitting for a closed book, proctored examination. You are also required to have current CPR and Basic First Aid certification.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn an internationally recognized professional credential as an American Senior Fitness Association recognized Senior Personal Trainer.
Your SFA Certificate of Advanced Qualification is valid for two years and can be renewed by earning 20 hours (2.0 CEUs) of approved continuing education and maintaining valid CPR and Basic First Aid certification. A $35.00 renewal fee applies.
NOTE: Your professional certificate program contains a set of the resources to enable you to complete the Part One and Part Two open book tests. These tests can be completed whenever suits your schedule and are accepted by most fitness organizations for up to 31 hours (3.1 CEUs) continuing education credit.